October 21st, 2014
Today in History: 1797 - "Old Ironsides," the U.S. Navy frigate Constitution, was launched in Boston's harbor.
Top of the News:
- In the United States, 16.1 million children live in poverty, often unsure of where their next meal will come from. This Halloween be Hunger Heroes- be a part of our We Scare Hunger Campaign! Help our local Napa Food Bank and bring canned foods to your 4th period class from now until Halloween. The class who collects the most cans wins a donut party! (Housley 10/22)
- It is time to Sock it to Napa! We socked it to Napa in 2013 and have our golden boot to show for it. Show your support for our US troops and donate $5 OR buy boot socks and bring them to the Activities Office beginning next week through Big Game Week, Nov. 3rd-7th. (Housley 10/22)
- All boys planning to try out for boys basketball must attend a lunch meeting on Thursday, October 23rd, in Coach/Mr. Ward’s classroom, HM-1. We will discuss info about tryout days and times and paperwork completion prior to tryouts. (Ward 10/22)
- More colleges on campus this week. Come sign up in the college and career center.
Wednesday 1st period – John Hopkins
Thursday 1st period –Whittman College in Washington
- HOLA!!!! the Spanish Club is meeting at lunch time in FL3 all week long to work on Day of the Death Celebration. All members are encouraged to attend. GRACIAS!! (Hernandez-Ramirez 10/23)
- Attention all Vintage Athletes: Academic eligibility for the remainder of the fall sports season as well as the first couple of months of winter season will be announced on Wednesday, October 29th. If you have any questions, stop by to see Mr. Neal in room E-9 before school or at milk break. (Neal 10/23)
- KISS A LAM—This Friday, October 24th, one of the following staff members will be kissing a lamb owned by the Napa FFA:
Mr. Varni, Mr.
Mrs. Raines (Debbie)
Mr. Teeters, or
The event will take place in the quad at lunch. The person who collects the least amount of money will kiss the lamb. Support your favorite staff member by filling their jar with money. All proceeds go to support the Napa FFA and the Vintage Farm. (Vietor 10/23)
- Any students interested in attending the People to People Leadership Ambassadors Summit this summer come see Ms. Watkins. This is an incredible opportunity to join other future young leaders from more than 140 countries; you will earn academic credit and foster world citizenship. (Watkins 10/20)
- Any seniors interested in a great scholarship opportunity: The Ronald McDonald House Charities scholarship is open for you to apply. For more info, come see Ms. Watkins. (Watkins 10/20)
- Attention all students: Beginning this week, YOU MUST sign-up for RTI common areas on Monday or Tuesday to be admitted to these areas during RTI. Sign-up sheets are on the back windows of the career center and the library doors. We will be verifying your 6 week grades on Tuesday night. If you do not sign up in advance and do not have A’s, B’s, and C’s, YOU WILL NOT BE ADMITTED to an RTI common area. (O’Connor 10/15)
Happy Birthday to You:
- Kevin Lincoln, Ambar Oregel, Carlos Rodriguez, & Maya Villa
Sports Schedule for Today:
- Girls Golf @ MEL Tourney #2, Cypress Lakes (Vacaville), 10:00am
- Girls Tennis @ Armijo, 3:30pm
- Volleyball @ Armijo, 3:45/4:45pm
“Be the Difference, Crushers"