September 17th, 2014
Today in History: 1778 - The United States signed its first treaty with a Native American tribe, the Delaware Nation.
Top of the News:
- AP Art Club meeting at lunch today in FA2. (Golik 9/17)
- Vintage thespians, your drama club, will be working on our Homecoming Float after School every day this week. If you want to be on the float, you need to come help at least one day. You will need a completed permission slip by Thursday to be on the float. Thespians meets every Thursday at lunch in TH2. (Davis 9/17)
- The mandatory girls Homecoming Dance meeting will be today in the Little Theater at lunchtime. The mandatory boys Homecoming Dance meeting will be on Friday at lunch in the Little Theater. See you there! (Housley 9/17)
- More college representatives on campus: Sign up in the career center!! (Watkins 9/15-9/17)
- UC Santa Cruz will be on campus during RTI today.
- Masters College will be here today 3rd period.
- And the University of Tulsa will be here Thursday 1st period.
- Attention students: Puertas Abiertas, a community organization is putting up a five-week College Readiness series of workshops for parents and students (all grades). The dates are: 9/17, 9/24, 10/1, 10/8, & 10/15 from 6pm-8pm. Please call 707-224-1786 to register. (Magdaleno 9/17)
- College Night will be hosted at VHS this year. October 8th 5:30-8:00. Bring your parents and learn about the different paths you can take after high school. (9/17)
- Anyone interested in broadcast sporting events or activities at Vintage High School. Our film group and broadcasting club will be meeting this Wednesday at lunch in room S7, Mr. Auld’s room. If you are interested in a broadcasting career, digital journalism, video filming. Come to our first meeting of the year is S7 Wednesday at lunch. Any questions see Mr. Auld or Mr. Schmitz. (Auld 9/17)
- Bonjour! Did you know that this Thursday is crêpe day for French Club? Come on over to Madame Wright’s room for a French Club meeting and some crêpes for lunch. See you then!! (Mrs. Wright 9/18).
- The Homecoming Parade is this Friday after school! Because our floats and convertibles need to line-up for the parade, please be aware that part of the Student Parking lot will be closed on Friday. (Housley 9/18)
- This is a very important announcement for those who are filling out the Free and Reduced Lunch Form! The deadline for submitting the lunch form is Sept 22, Food Service will not accept these forms after this date. Please get your form to Mrs. Fox in the Counseling office as soon as possible. (Fox 9/18)
- Homecoming Dance is Saturday, September 20th. Tickets are on sale now through Thursday, September 18th. Print and complete your permission packets from our VHS Website, then bring to the Activities Window to purchase tickets. Current students of the Napa Valley Unified School District may attend as your guest, with proper forms completed. The cost is $30 per student, $20 with SuperPunch. (Teeters 9/18)
- Crushers!! Don’t forget to nominate your Freshman, Sophomore and Junior prince and princess outside the activities office during break and lunch. Everyone who attends the dance is eligible. The winners will be crowned alongside the 1st and 2nd runner ups. Voting ends Thursday the 18th. (Teeters 9/18)
- About Latino Heritage month: Mario Moreno “Cantinflas”
A small man with big ears, a distinctive mustache, pants that never stayed up, and a jaunty little cap cocked upon his eternally mussed hair, comic actor Cantinflas is beloved throughout the Spanish-speaking world and considered the Mexican Charlie Chaplin. A movie about his life is now showing in local theaters. (Aguilar 9/19)
- Attention All Seniors- Want to be recognized for being proficient in one or more language in addition to English? Come to the Counseling Center and pick up an application of intent and apply for The Seal of Biliteracy Program which recognizes high school graduates who have attained a high level of proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing in one or more language in addition to speaking English. It is a statement of accomplishment for future employers and college admissions. The seal insignia will be affixed to your diploma and noted on your transcript indicating that you have been awarded the California State Seal of Biliteracy by the Superintendent. Deadline to submit application of intent is Thursday, February 12, 2015. (Gonzalez 9/16)
- Students who were not able to attend the Principal’s breakfast please see Ms. Loretta in the front office to pick up your certificate.(Aitchison 9/16)
- If you ordered pictures from Lifetouch and have not received them, please go to the Activities Office to pick them up. (Housley 9/16)
- Attention all 10th and 11th grade students, "Spots" for the October 15th PSAT administered at Vintage are now being sold in the Activities office. Registration is $15 per student, cash or check only. If you are an 11th grade student who receives free or reduced lunch you qualify for a fee waiver and must see Miss Loretta in the front office before you go to Activities. (Aitchison 9/15)
- Attention students! Homecoming Week is fast approaching and here are your dress-up days! Monday is Sonic, so “Race Your Way to School” in your best work out gear. Tuesday is Donkey Kong, so “show us Your Wild Side” because we’re going crazy in tye-dye or yellow. Wednesday is Zelda, so represent your favorite superhero or princess. Thursday is Pacman, so “Light up the Quad” with your brightest neon colors. Friday wear your VC spirit gear. (Housley 9/10)
Happy Birthday to You:
- Cailey Eade, Lauro Elena-Avila, Sabrina Gonzalez, Harrison Greco, Nicole Greco, Zane Kampton, Luis Solorzano , & Erin Trosky
Sports Schedule for Today:
- Boys Soccer vs. Vacaville, Memorial Stadium, 4:00/6:00pm
- Cross Country vs. Rodriguez, Alston Park, 3:30pm
“Be the Difference, Crushers"